All volunteers stay in a private home managed by our Volunteer Coordinator / House Mother in the small town of Shakaskraal, just 10km away from our sanctuary and 10km from the seaside town and fabulous beaches of Ballito on the Indian Ocean.
The house has four volunteer bedrooms. All have twin beds, air conditioning and access to a private shower room. Unless volunteering as a couple, you will only ever share a room with someone of the same gender. Twin rooms can, subject to availability, be converted to double rooms for couples who are volunteering together.
The volunteer accommodation package includes:
- Airport transfers (Durban King Shaka International) at the start and end of your placement;
- Daily transport to and from the sanctuary on working days;
- Accommodation in a twin room with air conditioning and access to a private shower room;
- 3 meals per day (self-service cold breakfast and (packed) lunch with a full evening meal served in the dining room). We can cater for different dietary needs, please just be sure to state these on your application form.
- Uncapped Wifi;
- Use of the TV lounge with satellite TV package and DVD player;
- Use of the book swap and DVD library, playing cards and board games;
- Use of the well-stocked bar, where we operate an honesty bar system;
- Support of our on-site Volunteer Coordinator / House Mother who will answer your questions, give you ideas on what you can do in the local area, help you to arrange transport etc.
For more information or to check availability for your preferred dates and current prices, please email our Volunteer Coordinator.
Or simply download and complete the Application Form below and email it to our Volunteer Coordinator, along with your current CV.